|All amounts are in U.S. Dollars.
For full details of Fees and Commissions, please see the Charles Schwab Hong Kong Pricing Guide for Individual Investors.
Minimum to open a Schwab Hong Kong individual/joint account is US$10,000. Minimum to open a corporate account is US$100,000.
Stock Commissions Per Executed Trade (includes Exchange Traded Funds)
||Online commission + $25.00
Restrictions apply: The $8.95 flat commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. Foreign ordinary shares that trade online in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market and do not settle in the U.S. will have a $50 foreign transaction fee added to the cost of the transaction. See the Charles Schwab Hong Kong Pricing Guidefor details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
Offshore Mutual Fund Transaction Fees Per Executed Trade Some funds may also charge sales and/or redemption fees. Please read the prospectus for details.
|No-transaction Fee Funds
|Transaction Fee Funds2 (Buys/Sells)
|Short-term Redemption Fee3
Option4 Commissions Per Executed Trade
|$8.95, plus $0.75 per contract
||Online commission + $25.00
Fixed Income Pricing Per Executed TradeSchwab reserves the right to act as principal on any fixed income transaction, public offering or securities transaction. When Schwab acts as agent, a commission will be charged on the transaction. When Schwab acts as principal, the markup is included in the bond price.
||$0 (a selling concession may be included in the offering price)
|Treasuries, including Auction and Secondary:
- Treasury Bonds
- Treasury Bills
- Treasury Notes
|Other Secondary Trades: CDs, Corporate Bonds, Municipal Bonds, Government Agencies, Zero-coupon Treasuries (including STRIPS) and Mortgage-Backed Securities.
||$1 per bond
($10 minimum/$250 maximum)
|Online pricing + $25
|Commercial Paper & Foreign Bonds
||These are specialty products—please contact us for information.
|Unit Investment Trusts
||Sales charge applies. Please see prospectus.
|Preferreds and REITs
||Stock commissions and minimums apply for secondary trades.
Note: Large block transactions (orders of more than 250 bonds) may be available for special handling and/or pricing—please call us for information.
Note: Our commissions and markups may be slightly less than our published schedule shown above due to rounding.
Benefits of Account Consolidation"Accounts of Your Household" are accounts that have been linked in accordance with Schwab’s householding guidelines. Schwab aggregates the balances and activities of Accounts of Your Household to determine:
- Whether any fee waivers or charges apply (See the Charles Schwab Hong Kong Pricing Guide for details about waivers.)
- Your commission rate
- Whether your account may qualify for certain benefits or features
Contact us at 852-2101-0511 with questions about householding or if you have accounts which need to be linked for householding purposes. Please see the Charles Schwab Hong Kong Pricing Guide for Individual Investorsfor additional details about householding.
1. Up to 999,999 shares can be placed per trade. Online Trades are trades placed through schwab.com.hk, StreetSmart ProTM or Schwab software
2. Standard fees apply on both transactions when placing simultaneous orders to sell one or more transaction-fee fund and purchase additional transaction-fee fund(s) with the proceeds.
3. Schwab’s short-term redemption fee will be charged on redemption of certain funds that held for 90 days or less. Schwab reserves the right to exempt some funds from this fee, such as funds that accommodate short-term trading.
4. Please see the Charles Schwab Hong Kong Pricing Guide for Individual Investorsfor detailed information on equity and options commissions. Multiple leg options strategies will involve multiple commissions. Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options through Schwab. Please read the Options Disclosure Document titled "" before considering any option transaction. Contact Schwab for a current copy.
5. Two-legged online option orders such as spreads, straddles, combos and rollouts are charged only one $8.95 base commission , plus per contract fees for the total number of option contracts. For Broker Assisted Options Commissions, add $25 to the Online Options Commission. Complex option orders involving both an equity and an option leg, including Buy/Writes or Write/Unwinds are charged per contract fees for the option leg, plus commissions for the equity leg subject to the client's current commission schedule. There is no base commission for the option leg.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling +852-2101-0511. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Access to Electronic Services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrade, maintenance, or for other reasons.
Suites 1607-1611, ICBC Tower,
No.3 Garden Road,
Central, Hong Kong
9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.