Understanding Trading Risks
Charles Schwab Hong Kong Risk Warning
The price of securities does fluctuate, and any individual security may experience upward or downward movements, and may even become valueless. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling securities.
Suitability of investments
The information on this website is provided solely for reference only and should not be regarded as investment advice or a recommendation to buy, sell or otherwise deal with any particular investment. If you need advice, you should consult an appropriate investment adviser.
Usage of the website and intellectual property rights
The content of this website is the property of Charles Schwab, Hong Kong, Ltd. ("CSHK") or its licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. It is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. In particular, you agree:
- not to, or attempt to, tamper with, decompile, modify, adapt, reproduce, reverse engineer, store in retrieval system, transmit, copy, distribute, disseminate or use in any commercial or public purposes any information on this website.
- not to use or permit to be used any information on this website for any illegal purpose.
- to use the market data or other information on this website (collectively referred to as "Provided Information") only as permitted by CSHK.
Information supplied by third party providers
The Provided Information may be provided to CSHK under licensing or other agreements with securities exchanges, data feed vendors or other third party providers (collectively referred to as "providers"). Neither CSHK nor the providers guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the Provided Information provided or warrants any results from the Provided Information. None of CSHK or any of the providers shall be liable to you or anyone else for consequential, incidental, special or indirect damages (including, without limitation, lost profits, trading losses and damages that may result from inconvenience, delay or loss of use of the Provided Information or for omissions or inaccuracies in the Provided Information) arising from you or anyone else acting or relying on any Provided Information on this website, even if CSHK has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You further authorize CSHK to provide the providers with information relating to the services supplied to you to enable CSHK to comply with any requirements under the licensing or other agreements with the providers.
Risks in using the Internet
Due to the inherent unreliable and insecure nature of the Internet as a medium of data transmission, there is a risk that communication over the Internet may be interrupted, delayed or intercepted. Notwithstanding measures taken by us to minimize these risks, CSHK accepts no responsibility to you or anyone else for any loss or expense that may result from delays, failures or inaccuracies in communications, or lack of security, beyond the reasonable control of CSHK.
Schwab Provides Investors With a Variety of Investment Education Resources.
- Before investing learn more about risk of online trading, including fast-moving markets and the risk of system unavailability.
- Explore the risk and strategies of margin borrowing. Read Schwab's margin risk disclosure.
- Find out whether option trading is right for you.
- Learn more about active trader strategies and risks.