Support for expatriates
Explore Schwab's services for U.S. expatriates.
We understand that as an American living outside the U.S., you may face some difficult challenges. That's why we aim to make your financial transition as smooth as possible. We can help you invest in U.S. markets while living abroad, access U.S. dollar–based accounts, and provide reporting for U.S. tax filing.
Our investment professionals can help guide you through the account opening process and answer your questions. You will have access to:
- An international wire team to facilitate currency exchanges and money movement.
- In-person and online workshops showcasing Schwab's platforms, market insights, and trading education.
- Local and U.S.-based client support and specialists to discuss specific investing or trading needs.
Account Features for U.S. Expatriates
As a U.S. citizen living abroad, you'll enjoy a number of advantages with Schwab, including:
- Competitive rates of exchange when transitioning from the U.S. dollar to another major currency, and vice versa.
- Simplified U.S. tax reporting due to all accounts being U.S.-domiciled dollar accounts.
- Clear online reporting and a 1099 form to help your IRS filing.
Access Schwab Trading Platforms
You'll have access to market insights and online tools.
- You can stay connected to the markets and trade via the Schwab website using your computer, tablet, and mobile device.
- Active traders have access to StreetSmart Edge®, our most advanced trading platform, which is intuitive and easy to use.
Have more questions? We're here to help.
Charles Schwab, Hong Kong, Ltd.
Rooms 602-606, Gloucester Tower,
The Landmark, 15 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (HK Time)