Forms and Applications
Ready to invest in the U.S. market? Below you will find convenient links to important disclosures and forms.
Transfers & Payments
Please note that third party transfer and payment will not be accepted (i.e. all account holder(s) of the incoming or outgoing account must be identical with all the name(s) shown on your Charles Schwab Hong Kong account.)
- Wire Funds within the U.S.
Wire funds from your Schwab account into accounts within the U.S.
- Wire funds outside of the U.S.
Wire funds from your Schwab account into accounts outside of the U.S.
- Transfer Your Account to Schwab
Transfer securities and/or funds from another financial institution into your Schwab account
- Letter of Authorization – Transfer Assets between Schwab Accounts
Transfer assets from one Schwab account to another
Update Account Information
- Client Information Update Form
Use this form to update your address, phone number, email address and other client information on your account(s)
- Update Your Charles Schwab Hong Kong Individual/Joint Account
Use this form to update your existing Schwab Hong Kong Individual/Joint Account and/or add a new account holder(s) to your existing Schwab Hong Kong Individual/Joint Account
- Schwab Hong Kong Ltd. Schwab One® Interest Feature Enrollment/Unenrollment Form
Use this form to enroll in/unenroll from the Schwab One Interest Feature
Tax & Legal Issues
- W8 Resource Center
Helpful instructional video & resources for completing the Substitute W-8BEN Form and associated forms
- Letter of Explanation
Complete this form if you claim foreign (outside the U.S.) status and use a U.S. address or phone number, use an address outside the country of your permanent residence, and/or were born in the U.S.
- W-8BEN Form (Individuals)
Use this form to maintain a current and valid U.S. IRS W8 form for your individual or joint account
- Substitute W-8BEN-E (Entities)
Use this form to maintain a current and valid U.S. IRS W8 form for your entity account
- Schwab Universal CRS Self-Certification (Individuals)
Use this form to self-certify your information as required by Client Reporting Standards (individual/joint accounts)
- Schwab Universal CRS Self-Certification (Entities)
Use this form to self-certify your information as required by Client Reporting Standards (entity accounts)
- Privacy Addendum
Use this form to authorize the use of your personal data in direct marketing
Please review these documents prior to opening an account.
- Schwab Hong Kong U.S. Dollar Account Agreement
- Charles Schwab Hong Kong Pricing Guide for Individual Investors
- Your Securities Transaction and Schwab's Compensation
- U.S. Tax Considerations for Non-U.S. Person Investors
- Risk Disclosure Statement for Derivative Products
- Charles Schwab, Hong Kong, Ltd. Privacy Notice
- Charles Schwab, Hong Kong, Ltd. Cash Features Program General Terms and Conditions