Forms and Applications
Ready to invest in the U.S. market? Below you will find convenient links to important disclosures and forms.
Transfers & Payments
- Wire Funds within the U.S.
Wire funds from your Schwab account into accounts within the U.S.
- Wire funds outside of the U.S.
Wire funds from your Schwab account into accounts outside of the U.S.
- Transfer Your Account to Schwab
Transfer securities and/or funds from another financial institution into your Schwab account
- Letter of Authorization – Transfer Assets between Schwab Accounts
Transfer assets from one Schwab account to another
Update Account Information
- Client Information Update Form
Use this form to update your address, phone number, email address and other client information on your account(s)
Tax & Legal Issues
- W8 Resource Center
Helpful instructional video & resources for completing the Substitute W-8BEN Form and associated forms
- Letter of Explanation
Complete this form if you claim foreign (outside the U.S.) status and use a U.S. address or phone number, use an address outside the country of your permanent residence, and/or were born in the U.S.
- W-8BEN Form (Individuals)
Use this form to maintain a current and valid U.S. IRS W8 form for your individual or joint account
- Substitute W-8BEN-E (Entities)
Use this form to maintain a current and valid U.S. IRS W8 form for your entity account
- Schwab Universal CRS Self-Certification (Individuals)
Use this form to self-certify your information as required by Client Reporting Standards (individual/joint accounts)
- Schwab Universal CRS Self-Certification (Entities)
Use this form to self-certify your information as required by Client Reporting Standards (entity accounts)
- Privacy Addendum
Use this form to authorize the use of your personal data in direct marketing
Please review these documents prior to opening an account.
- Schwab Hong Kong U.S. Dollar Account Agreement
- Charles Schwab Hong Kong Pricing Guide for Individual Investors
- Your Securities Transaction and Schwab's Compensation
- U.S. Tax and Estate Disclosure to Non-U.S. Persons
- Risk Disclosure Statement for Derivative Products
- Charles Schwab, Hong Kong, Ltd. Privacy Notice
Schwab U.S. Dollar Liquid Assets Fund