Open an account
Open a Schwab Hong Kong U.S. Dollar Account to take advantage of all the value and benefits of investing in U.S. markets.
- US$0 online equity commissions.1
- Trade U.S. stocks, bonds, and more.
- Get professional service and support from our investment specialists.
- Manage account and trades online through the client center on Schwab website.
- Access extensive research, plus commentary and insights from Schwab experts.
Learn more about the different account types below. Then simply select the type of account you'd like to open and follow the steps to apply.
Requires a minimum of US$25,000 to open.
Open a new account with following three simple steps:
Step 1 – Complete account application and tax forms
Download and complete following forms. Please make sure to sign and date all completed forms, including the W-8BEN.
- Schwab Hong Kong Individual / Joint Account Application
- W-8BEN Form (Individuals) (for non-U.S. persons only)
- Schwab Universal CRS Self-Certification
Step 2 – Prepare required supporting documents
Submit copies of supporting documents along with your account application forms. Please refer to the required documentation checklist in the account application form when preparing your account application.
Step 3 – Submit completed application and supporting documents
You can mail or drop off the applications and supporting documents at the following address:
Charles Schwab, Hong Kong, Ltd.,
Rooms 602-606, Gloucester Tower, The Landmark,
15 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Have more questions? We're here to help.
Charles Schwab, Hong Kong, Ltd.
Rooms 602-606, Gloucester Tower,
The Landmark, 15 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (HK Time)